Various praise/comments/rants about Troy, RPI, PhDs, Macs, and life in general.

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Wow, how's that for a six-month hiatus? Well, back to blogging...

Anyway, so that six months on coumadin rolled by fairly quickly. Graduation from RPI was looming over my head as I began counting the days I was to continue taking coumadin. Eventually, the day came, and I went to Albany Medical to consult with my doctors. I don't remember which I saw first, but in the end I had seen both Dr. Grund (who's a hematologist) and Dr. Chang (a vascular sugreon). They both gave me the OK to come off coumadin. So I stopped taking the rat poison and my platelet count returned to normal. But sometime later, I started getting headaches/ear-aches...

A little later on, my friend, Mike, had a party to celebrate our graduation. Most of my friends came over and were there. It was a sleepover. Mike and his dad and uncle roasted a pig, which was delicious (although I highly doubt my vegetarian girlfriend would agree with me). We threw each other in the pool and definitely had a fun time. I think Mike got thrown in four times :) And we rented Monster Squad, which is a childhood favorite of mine.

The night passed, and I think around 1 or 2 am, I was just looking at the corner of the ceiling when I started seeing swirls of color. It was kind of crazy. I asked everyone else if they saw it, and no one did.